The use of infographics is growing day by day, and has become a good digital marketing tool, to grab the attention of the target audience. Infographics are visual graphics, which contain data about a topic. Infographics can be used to summarize and visualize information; the reason why people like to look at infographics is because they can read a lot of information in a short time. Text that is accompanied by visual elements is very effective, because it makes it easier for users to read information.
A brand can increase awareness about their products through infographics, because when users see something, and read about it, it has more impact on them as compared to what they just read. Brands can communicate their values through infographics; they can talk about how their products are different from others and why customers should buy them.
If infographics have a humorous touch, then it also has the ability to go viral. The key here is to make sure that the infographics can be shared on social media accounts and websites. The infographics is in the shape of images, which can be easily saved and uploaded to different websites, giving the brand more exposure.
Boost To SEO Efforts
When infographics are shared and liked by many users, then it gives a boost to the SEO Expert value of a website. This is mainly because of the social signals that the infographics receive. It is important to include interesting and helpful information in infographics, so that when users read them, they are fully informed about things. The content should be concise but informative. It would be difficult to capture all the important information in a few lines, but it is necessary for the effectiveness of infographics.
Infographics & Clarity
When people read paragraphs and paragraphs of information on a website, it might not make much sense to them. However, when they read infographics, and see the images alongside the infographics, then that makes the content clear. Text, along with images, makes content more appealing and clear.
The images and text that are present in infographics can be converted into video infographics. The video infographics would have a better impact, as a video has sounds and effects, which can make the viewing experience, better. When creating video infographics, background music should not be annoying or too loud, as it will impact the ability of the reader to make sense of the infographics.
Types Of Infographics
There are different types of infographics, which a marketer should know as there are different kinds of information that they have to present:
1. Statistical: Best for presenting survey results
2. Informational: Best for presenting a new concept or give an overview of a subject
3. Timeline: This is used for tracing the history of an event or of a company
4. Process: This is used to show a process, like a manufacturing process or a cycle of a product
5. Geographic: Best used for listing data, based on geography, like which country consumes oil more than the other one
6. Comparison: This is used for showing the similarities and differences between two things, like a comparison between the brands product with the competitors product
7. Hierarchical: Best used for showing the hierarchy of an organization
8. List: This is used for sharing tips, list of resources or examples; instead of using bullet points, the marketer uses visual icons, so that the information becomes more appealing
9. Resume: Instead of using a basic resume to apply for a job, it is best to use an infographics resume, because it makes a resume more appealing
A company can use infographics like comparison infographics, timeline infographics and process infographics, to better inform their customers. If they want to show why customers should not buy from Brand A, but their brand instead, then they can do this, by effectively using comparison infographics.
Retention & Browsing
The benefit of infographics is that they help in retaining information. For example, if a website is developed for the sole purpose of educating students, and it makes an infographic of a process, with visuals, then it will help students retain that process. Moreover, when users visit websites that upload infographics, they browse more, and read things other than the ones they searched for. Such browsing can lead to conversion, and an increase in sales, while decreasing the bounce rate for the website. To promote a website and its content, infographics is a good choice.